THE BEST WARRANTY IN THE BUSINESSWe believe in our equipment, and we believe you should be able to enjoy welding without sweating the small stuff - that's why we've got your back. With a genuine 3 year warranty and 5 years extended on all power sources, you can weld confidently with the knowledge that we've got you covered.
MINIMUM DOWNTIMEWe know it's critical for you to have your machine. That is why we promise fast service and will repair or replace your unit within one business day ensuring your back under the hood in no time.
Our support extends well beyond our warranty. We stock all components and hold steadfast to our support and fast service so that you can have peace of mind further down the line.
How to register for the extended warranty - Follow these steps
1. If you have not already done so the first step is to create an MY SWS Account.
2. After you have created your MY SWS account, we will send you an email to confirm and validate your email address. Note: If you already had a Specialised Welding Systems customer account, all you have to do is log in to MY SWS and register your equipment.
4. Please look for an email from Specialised Welding Systems and create a new password to log in for the first time.
4. Once your account is validated, you will be able to log into your MY SWS account and register your equipment.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT YOUR WARRANTYWarranty period
1. The warranty period for your Specialised Welding Systems equipment is 3 years from the date of purchase.
2. The warranty period for torches, cables and earth clamps, straps and handles are 3 months from the date of purchase.
3. All products have a standard warranty period; you do not have to register your products to obtain the standard warranty period.
4. To claim under this warranty, the date of purchase of the Specialised Welding Systems equipment must be documented by the store receipt, bank statement or eBay / PayPal statement.
Extended warranty period
1. Accessories, helmets, torches, cables and earth clamps, straps and handles are excluded from extended warranty periods.
2. You may extend the warranty period for your Specialised Welding Systems equipment to 5 years from the date of purchase.
3. To obtain the extended warranty, the registration process must be completed within 30 days from the date of purchase.
6. Failure to register your product online and submission of a valid invoice/receipt will void the warranty extension.
7. Please ensure ALL information submitted/uploaded is correct.
8. Extended warranty is ONLY available via online registration, offline (mailing in of warranty registration) will not be accepted.
THE BENEFITS OF PRODUCT REGISTRATION
If your Product may be faulty, Specialised Welding Systems can offer better service for your claims.
Extended warranty program
If you register your Product within 30 days of purchase, you are eligible to extend* your warranty upon purchase verification. *Exclusions apply
Allows us to contact you with relevant product notifications.
Confirmation of ownership
May provide you with a record in case of product loss, fire or theft for insurance claims.
Improved product development
May help us continue to develop and design products that meet your needs.
WHAT DOES THE SPECIALISED WELDING SYSTEMS WARRANTY COVER?
This warranty covers
1. The Product only described against labour and faulty materials.
2. The replacement of parts and the repair labour used, for the remainder of the warranty period.
This warranty does not cover
1. If the product casing or cover is opened by a person other than Specialised Welding Systems Australia, New Zealand or a Specialised Welding Systems authorised service centre.
2. If repairs are made or attempted by other than Specialised Welding Systems Australia, New Zealand or a Specialised Welding Systems authorised service centre.
3. Normal wear and tear. Parts such as control boards main PCB boards etc. must be regularly inspected and kept as dust free as possible.
4. Abuse, misuse, the subject of an accident, being dropped, crushed, impacted with any hard surface, exposed to extreme heat (including fire) or cold, improper maintenance, continued use after partial fail.
5. Acts of God, vermin or foreign matter entering, e.g. dirt and moisture. The tool should be regularly blown out with low-pressure air if the equipment is used near metal shavings.
6. If the Product has been modified, incorrectly adjusted or operated, the subject of incorrect electrical supply or inconsistent supply, or used with inappropriate accessories.
7. If the Product is tampered with anyway or if any event of force majeure has caused the damage.
8. If the Product has not been used or maintained in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions as provided with the product.
9. If the Product’s serial number, as applied by the manufacturer, has been altered or removed from the product.
To the extent permitted by law (including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010( Cth) or New Zealand Consumer Guarantee Act 1993), in no event shall Specialised Welding Systems, be liable for consequential, incidental or indirect damages or other losses or expenses incurred because of use or sale of the product.
How do you make a claim under warranty?
If your Product may be faulty, please contact Specialised Welding Systems so a qualified technician can diagnose any issues and the equipment can be returned to make warranty repairs, if necessary.
For service in Australia and New Zealand, the customer should contact the Australian Customer Service line on (03) 5766 2331 to obtain the nearest authorised service centre.
Return to Specialised Welding Systems
If you qualify for a warranty claim, you will not be liable for any postage costs along with parts and labour. If you do not qualify for a claim, you will incur all expenses including postage cost and parts and labour for the repairs. All warranty claims and non-claimable maintenance will be done within one business day to ensure minimum downtime.
This warranty is in addition to all other rights and remedies you have under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) and the New Zealand Consumer Guarantee Act 1993 and any other laws in relation to the Products. Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also allowed to have the goods repaired or replaced if the products fail to be of acceptable quality, and the failure does not amount to a significant failure. Goods presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished goods of the same type rather than being repaired. Refurbished parts may be used to repair the products.